WRc Sahara Pipeline Inspection operates the Sahara Leak Location
system, which allows pipeline operators to pinpoint leaks
in large diameter pipes (>250mm diameter) in any material.
It can be used in live potable water mains with no disruption
Sahara® Pipeline Inspection has just launched a unique colour
video camera facility enabling the inside of pressurised water
mains to be viewed without having to close them down for inspection.
This is a great addition to the Sahara system that can survey
up to 2km in mains as small as 150mm (6”).
||Chris Wilkes from South Staffordshire Water
comments - "this is an extra tool in our armoury to inspect
our pipes. This allows us to examine long lengths of pipe
without isolation or disruption to customers."
The camera has already been used by several companies including
Thames and Northumbrian Water to inspect mains and investigate
The Sahara system can be used for the effective management
of new and existing pipelines -
- Identify leaks and resulting unaccounted for water
- Monitor general pipe condition through leakage
- Indicate appropriate rehabilitation strategies
- Locate leaks in newly laid mains during pre-commissioning
- Aid risk assessment of mains near dams and embankments
- Prove pipe integrity at critical network crossings (e.g.
road and rail).
The benefits of Sahara include -
- High sensitivity means all leaks are detected
- Pinpoint accuracy reduces disruption and cost
- High reliability means no "dry holes"
- Real time operation gives results immediately
- Leak size estimation allows prioritisation of repair
- Use on live water mains with no disruption to customers.
For further information, contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 1793 865075
Email: [email protected]